Since I have been neglecting my blog, and since I took time to write this, I figured I may as well post it here as well. Enjoy…
1. I find it creepy that people go see movies alone. I could never do that.
2. I am constantly amazed that people who follow me on Twitter think I have anything remotely interesting to say.
3. I am concerned that people seem to think they have some constitutional right not to be offended.
4. I say a lot of offensive things. People think I don’t have a filter between my brain and my mouth, but wouldn’t if they could hear half the stuff that’s going on in my head.
5. I constantly wonder if I’m permanently screwing up my kids and wonder what their future therapy will cost me.
6. I think the world would be better off if people were honest with one another regardless of whether the honesty might hurt.
7. I don’t consider myself a negative person, but most of this seems negative so far, so I’ll take a break with some happy thoughts.
8. I love sailing. I am never as relaxed as I am on the water. I would love to pack it all in, buy a boat, and open a charter business in the Caribbean.
9. I have a quirky sense of humor and find this LOLCat endlessly amusing.
10. I love this line from Joe Versus the Volcano and firmly believe it. “My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant total amazement.”
11. I am convinced that people would flock to libertarian principles if they ever took time to really study the concept of libertarianism.
12. I love my wife. She makes me completely insane, but I wouldn’t trade her for the world.
13. I really like being cold. It makes me feel more alive.
14. I loved the year I spent living in Phoenix. It’s an awesome town.
15. I sleep better with a breeze blowing, so I have to have a fan in my bedroom.
16. I am partially convinced that my oldest brother was actually switched with my real brother at the hospital. He doesn’t look like my other brother or me, and he’s nothing like either of us.
17. I have 6 nieces and 2 nephews, and I’ve honestly lost track of how many great-nieces and great-nephews I have.
18. I have completely lost touch with almost every cousin I have.
19. Shane McDonnell is the one cousin I still talk to with any regularity. I used to joke that you should never trust him, never lend him money, and never sleep with him. I’ve only done 2 of the 3.
20. I hate meetings. I think meetings are where time and energy go to die.
21. I took three years of French in high school, and remembered absolutely none of it when I went to France. I had great trouble buying a baguette, but somehow negotiated the purchase of a voltage converter at the French equivalent of Best Buy – which is called fnac.
22. I have no idea what fnac means and I’m such a lazy American I refuse to look it up.
23. I’ve always wanted to visit Ireland and Serbia to see where my family came from.
24. I love technology, but sometimes wish we all still lived in caves.
25. I am thankful for all the friends I have and all the friends I have yet to meet.